What are the capabilities of the RingCentral<>ActiveCampaign integration?
- Export registrations from RingCentral → ActiveCampaign (would create the contact with the registration details and add them to a registration list in ActiveCampaign which would be created for each event).
- Export attendee status (would create the contact with the registration details and add them to an attendee list in ActiveCampaign which would be created for each event).
Which plans are the RingCentral<>ActiveCampaign integration currently available on?
The ActiveCampaign integration is available to all RingCentral plans.
1. To get started, you will need to install the ActiveCampaign app to your RingCentral Organization. You can access the app store by going to your Organization Dashboard and heading to the Apps tab. Then click on Discover More on App Store.
You can find ActiveCampaign under the Marketing category. Click Install app to add the ActiveCampaign app to your Organization.
2. When prompted, click on New authentication and provide the Base URL and API Key of your ActiveCampaign account.
In order to get these details, head to your ActiveCampaign account and sign in. Navigate to the Settings > Developer tab.
From the Developer Settings page, you can copy and paste the URL and API Key on the authentication window (as shown below) and click on Save to authorize your ActiveCampaign account.
3. Once you've authenticated your account, click Next and proceed to the ActiveCampaign contact mapping screen.
4. On the second screen you will see the information that will be populated on the Contact object in ActiveCampaign when someone registers to your event in RingCentral. Click Next to proceed.
5. On the next screen, if you wish to map more fields between RingCentral and ActiveCampaign when a participant registers to your events, please add these here. Choose the required fields from the RingCentral Fields dropdown first and then select the corresponding ActiveCampaign Fields. Click Add Custom Field mapping to add more. When you have added your custom fields, click Next to proceed.
Also note that to be able to be mapped successfully you will have to create a corresponding field in ActiveCampaign, under Lists/Manage Fields, it can have a different name but it needs to be created first for it to be able to be mapped from the dropdown when installing the app. For example below a Headline field of type Text Input has been created in ActiveCampaign first.
Once created you can then map the Headline field with the ActiveCampaign Fields dropdown and add more if needed or proceed to the next step. If it still doesn't display go to the previous step by clicking on Previous at the bottom right to refresh the window and try again.
6. On the next screen you can choose to export participant attendee status from RingCentral by selecting the checkbox below and clicking Finish.
7. Once you have clicked the Finish button you should get the below popup stating that the app has been installed successfully.
Testing the ActiveCampaign Integration
1. We can now test the app's functionality. First, you can create a registration in RingCentral to check that it's pushed into ActiveCampaign. Register for the event on the registration page (if you're logged into your Organizer account, open the registration link in an Incognito browser to do a test registration).
3. Once you register for an event, if your contact is not in ActiveCampaign, a new one will be created. If the contact already exists, it will be updated with new details (such as any change of First name, Last name, Headline, Twitter, etc) and new events' lists.
4. We can also observe that the contact is added to Registered and Attended lists automatically by the RingCentral integration when the user registered and once they actually attended the event. The same lists will also appear under the Lists tab in ActiveCampaign.
And that's how to integrate ActiveCampaign with RingCentral!