Closed captions will transcribe each Speaker's audio so all Attendees know what was said, and by whom.
As an Attendee, you can toggle closed captions on and off at any time with the simple click of a button. This feature is available in Sessions, Expo Booths, Networking, and Stages. Check out our separate article for Closed Captions in the Stage and in Replay.
Head to the event area you would like to watch or participate in and click the CC button at the bottom of the screen.
Once you have clicked the icon, the video displays will become smaller and you will see the captions being generated underneath.
To turn closed captions off again, just click the CC button once more and the video displays will return to full view.
The captions will show who said what so that it is easy to follow the conversation.
Will captions be recorded?
Unfortunately, the captions will not be recorded.
What languages are closed captions available in?
At the moment, closed captions will only work in English (American, British, and Canadian).
Are closed captions always available within Sessions?
At this time, closed captions are not available when streaming with RTMP or when sharing a YouTube video.
Why are the closed captions not in sync?
If the captions seem to be out of sync, or perhaps aren't showing the right words it, it could be for a number of reasons:
- Your internet connection is unstable
- A different language is being spoken
- AI-generated captions are not always completely accurate so there may always be some errors
Known limitations of Closed Captions within Sessions, Expo Booths and Networking
Please keep in mind that there are some known limitations of Closed Captions in the mentioned areas:
- Not available in Firefox or Safari
- Not available on the Mobile App
- It will not identify who said what, but only what is said
Captions will not be recorded
Captions will only work in English (American, British, and Canadian)
- Closed captions are not available for content that is being RTMP streamed into a Session room or an Expo booth, unlike into a Stage.