The Booth Engagement report includes a list of all the attendees who interacted with a particular expo booth, including how long they spent in the booth, and how many messages they sent within the booth.
To download the report go to Event Dashboard > Analytics > Reports, find the Booth Engagement report. Clicking Generate will open a dropdown list where you can choose to download a report for each booth you had at your event. You cannot download a report that shows engagement across all of the expo booths; you will have to download each individually.
Once you have generated the report, click on Download history and you should see your report at the top of the list. Hover over the report and the Download button will appear. Clicking on this will download the report to your computer.
Once you have generated the report, you will see the Download CSV button. Clicking on this will download the report in the CSV format to your computer.
Alternatively, go to Downloads and you should see your report at the top of the list. Hover over the report and the Download button will appear.
The Booth Engagement report will look something like this:
- Email: the email of the attendee
- First Name: the first name of the attendee
- Last Name: the surname of the attendee
- Headline: the headline as inputted on the attendee's profile
- Country/Region: the country of the attendee (generated using their IP, therefore this may be inaccurate)
- Ticket Type: the name of the ticket purchased
- Minutes Spent: Number of minutes the attendee spent in the expo booth
- Number Of Comments: Number of comments made by attendee in the expo booth
- Number Of Poll Answers: Poll questions answered by the attendee in the expo booth
- Twitter: If attendee clicked the twitter link for the expo booth
- Website: If attendee clicked the website link for the expo booth
- CTA: If attendee registered interest in the expo booth