Now that you have installed the RingCentral Events Mobile App for iOS/and learned how to navigate around it's time to check out how to use it to go on screen with audio and video in Sessions and Expo Booths (as Sessions) during an event. This guide will also show you how to interact with the chat, people tab, polls, and Q&A.
The RingCentral Events mobile app is the only recommended way for Speakers/Attendees with no access to a desktop or laptop computer to go on-screen with audio and video on iOS, using Safari is not supported. This only works for Sessions and Expo Booths (as Sessions). It isn't possible to go on-screen on the Backstage/Stage. With this in mind, you cannot screenshare when participating from a mobile device.
Please note the app only provides basic functionality at this time and it is aimed mainly at Attendees. We strongly advise whenever possible to use a desktop or laptop computer to enjoy the full RingCentral Events experience and functionality.
Additionally, event registration cannot be done within the app at the moment. Only events that you have registered for will be listed on your welcome screen. If you are not registered for an event, you will need to access the event’s registration page with a web browser on any device. Please follow the advice in our Browser compatibility for virtual events guide in regards to supported browsers/devices for our website.
Also note that if multiple segments are added to one Schedule item, only the first segment will display on the Schedule and be accessible through the app. See our guide How to create a Schedule for an event fore more information.
Using the RingCentral Events mobile app for Sessions
Once you have entered an event, tap the Explore button and then tap Sessions.
You will then be presented with all the available Sessions, simply click on the one you'd like to join.
Then click the Watch Now button to proceed.
You are now able to watch the content available in the Session.
If you also want to participate with audio and video on screen click Join Session instead. If the Session is open as shown below, you'll be able to enter right away.
At this point, if you haven't already granted permission to the RingCentral Events app to use your camera and microphone, you will be prompted to do so, simply click OK on both prompts to proceed.
The next screen is to check camera and microphone are working properly. You can also disable either one or both, if you wish, using their respective buttons. To enter the session click Join now.
Once joined, you will be on screen with others. You will be able to:
- Turn off your camera and microphone using the controls at the bottom
- Click on the Message icon in the top right hand corner to open up the Chat, Polls, People, and Q&A tabs
- Double tap on another user to make them full screen, you are then able to drag and drop your own video feed to different parts of the screen
By clicking on the Message icon in the top right hand corner of the screen, you will open up the "Activities" page of this segment. Select one of the tabs to interact with the event segment in different ways.
- Clicking on the Chat icon will bring up the Session chat where you can message with other participants. Once done, you can return to the live session by swiping down the panel.
- Clicking on the People icon will bring up the People tab where you can see everyone else watching or participating in the session
- Here you will be able to click on a user and exchange direct messages, report other users, and schedule meetings
- Clicking on the Polls icon will show any polls created for the session, if any. Answer them accordingly and see the results, once done, you can return to the live session by swiping down the panel.
- Clicking on the Q&A icon will show any questions asked and approved (by organisers and moderators) for the session, if any. Here you can:
- Upvote a question by clicking on the thumbs up icon, the more upvotes the more popular
- Arrange the order of the Q&As by Latest or Popular using the menu button at the top right
- Ask a question by clicking the Ask question button. This can be done anonymously, if you wish, by using the Ask anonymously toggle on the left. Once you have typed your question click the Submit button to proceed. Once your question is submitted it will need to be approved by an organiser or moderator for other attendees to see it. You can click Done at the top right if you don't want to ask a question any longer
Once finished, you can return to the live session by clicking the arrow in the top left corner of your screen.
Leaving the Session
If you would like to stop sharing your video and audio, click the red phone icon at the bottom of the screen.
Alternatively, if you would like to leave the Session completely, click the "X" in the top right hand corner of your screen and then click Leave in the pop-up that appears.
Using the RingCentral Events Mobile App for Expo Booths
Once you have entered an event you can access the Expo section either from the app sidebar or by clicking on the Expo button under Explore when in Reception.
You will then be presented with all the available expo booths, simply click on the one you'd like to join.
Expo Booth as a Session
If the Expo Booth is set up as a Session, then you will be able to follow the same steps as shown above to interact with other attendees, answers polls, and use the Q&A function.
Expo Booth with video
If the Expo Booth is set up to display a video, simply press the Play icon in the middle of the feed to start the video.
In this instance, the buttons for People, Chat, Polls, and Q&A will be shown underneath the video feed. Tap on the respective tabs to interact with the event segment.
Expo Booth with Google Slides
If the booth is set up to display Google Slides, use the arrows to toggle through the slides. You can also tap on the 3 dots to display additional settings such as Auto play, Open speaker notes, and Turn on the laser pointer.
In this instance, the buttons for People, Chat, Polls, and Q&A will be shown underneath the Slides. Tap on the respective tabs to interact with the event segment.