What is a Magic Link?
Magic Links allow organizers to invite Attendees, Speakers, or Exhibitors to an event or import registrations from third-party registration platforms into RingCentral Events.
- When clicked, a Magic Link will automatically sign-up the attendee for a specific event if they already have a RingCentral Events account affiliated with their email address.
- If a user does not have an existing RingCentral Events account affiliated with their email address, the Magic Link creates a new RingCentral Events account affiliated with the email address for an Attendee. Once the Magic Link is clicked, it will register the Attendee for a specific event under their new RingCentral Events account.
- No two Magic Links are the same; each is unique for every attendee at every event.
- Magic Links can be sent to Attendees, Exhibitors, Speakers, Moderators and other Organizers prior to as well as after the event start time if needed.
- Magic Link invites can be unsubscribed from by invitees to stop receiving further emails from that event and decline the registration.
- More information is available in our guide How to create and use Magic Links.
How to use Magic Link invites
An Attendee (or Speaker, Moderator, Exhibitor) will receive a Magic Link invitation email sent by an Event Organizer to complete your registration and be taken to the event's waiting page, if it hasn't begun yet, or directly into the live event.
Note that because Organizers can customize their email design, the emails you may receive may not look like the default examples below.
If you've already registered for a RingCentral event before, you will receive an email link this one, and you can click Login & Join Event.
If you do not already have a RingCentral Events account, you will receive an email like this. Simply click on Verify Registration to proceed.
Next tick the box next to I'm not a robot to continue and complete the reCAPTCHA, if prompted.
Then, check the box to accept the Terms & Conditions, and click Continue. You can also select the red text underneath the Continue button to Decline invitation and remove my data from RingCentral, if you would not like to join the event.
If the Event hasn't started yet
If an attendee clicks their Magic Link and the event hasn’t started yet, they are brought to the event waiting page. Here, the guest can edit their RingCentral Events profile by clicking the create your profile link (avatar, name, headline, and social media handles can all be updated). They can also write messages in the chat.
If the Event has started
If an attendee clicks their Magic Link and the event has started, they are brought immediately into the event, specifically to the Reception page.
The guest can still edit their RingCentral Events profile (avatar, name, headline, and social media handles) by clicking their avatar image at the top right-hand corner of the page and going to their Profile page.
If your email client uses email threads, make sure to select only the latest Magic Link email. You may need to expand the email thread to see it.
How to add a Magic Link invite to your calendar
Once you have verified your registration for the event, you will be sent another email saying "Thank you for registering to [the event]". Here, you can click Add to Calendar and it will generate a drop down menu.
You will be redirected to an external AddEvent page where you will need to click on Add to Calendar and select the calendar of choice:
- Google (online)
- Office 365 (online)
- Outlook.com (online)
Your email provider may also generate a calendar invite within the header of email so that you can add it to your calendar from there.
All of the calendar invites contain your personalized magic link, so you can simply click on it to access the event when the time comes.
How to decline a Magic Link invite for an event
As an Attendee, Speaker, or Moderator, you are able to decline Magic Link invites and stop receiving these emails from the Organizer of an event. Simply click on please click here to unsubscribe near the bottom of the Magic Link invite email.
You will then be redirected to a page where you can either:
- Decline invitation, so that you won't register for the event nor receive further emails about it.
- Accept invitation, in case you change your mind and want to register for the event and receive further emails about it.
Clicking on Decline invitation will redirect you to the page shown below, you will be unsubscribed to all event emails and won't be registered for the event. Here you also have the option to Resubscribe if you wish to.
Clicking on Resubscribe will redirect you to the Decline and Accept invitation page (shown above), where both options will be again available to choose from.
Magic Link invites are very flexible to satisfy different user needs and scenarios, some further options to keep in mind for Magic Link invitees are described below.
- If an invitee initially accepts the Magic Link invite and changes their mind they can still unsubscribe using the initial invitation email they received following the same process as described above by clicking on please click here to unsubscribe near the bottom of the Magic Link invite.
- If an invitee initially declines the Magic Link invite and changes their mind they can still register for the event using the initial invitation email they received following the same process as described above by clicking on the Login & Join Event button near the middle of the Magic Link invite.