Which plans is the RingCentral<>Cvent integration currently available on?
The Cvent integration is available on the RingCentral Events Business plan.
What are the capabilities of the RingCentral<>Cvent app?
Currently, our integration with Cvent supports:
1. Importing registrations from your Cvent events: When someone registers to your event on Cvent, we import these registrations (including all custom fields) into RingCentral as Magic Link invitations.
2. Pushing magic links from RingCentral to Cvent: If you wish to send your emails from Cvent, you can specify the field on your registration object that should receive RingCentral's magic link.
3. Automatically export the attendees status from RingCentral to Cvent when participants join the event on RingCentral.
How often does the RingCentral<>Cvent integration sync?
The integration syncs once an hour. This is required due to API rate limiting on Cvent's side.
What data is being synced between RingCentral<>Cvent
We are currently syncing First Name, Last Name, Email between the platforms. We are actively working towards syncing the whole Registration Object (headline, website, custom form questions).
How to set up the Cvent Integration
To set-up the integration with Cvent, you will need:
Your event account ID
A Cvent API user configured on your account:
- The username for that user
- The password for that user
You can check this Cvent article on creating Internal Information, as you can create them for a single event or as default (for all events).
To get started with the Cvent app:
1. To get started, you will need to install the Cvent app to your RingCentral Organization. You can access the app store by going to your Organization Dashboard and heading to the Apps tab. Then click on Discover More on App Store.
2. You can find Cvent under the CRM category. Click Install app to add the Cvent app to your Organization.
3. In the new window, click New authentication.
4. Enter your Cvent credentials:
- Your environment (production or sandbox account)
- Cvent Account ID
- Cvent API user username
- Cvent API user password
5. Click Add, then Next.
6. On the "Cvent fields mapping" screen, if you wish for your RingCentral magic links to be pushed to Cvent, specify the Cvent Internal Information that the Magic Link should be pushed to.
You can set up a question at Organisation level as well in Cvent (which will be applied to all events in Cvent), by navigating to Admin > Events > Invitee Management > Internal Information and adding a Single Line Question as above (it will need to have a unique question code, for example default-ringcentral-magic-link).
7. If you wish to automatically export attendee status from RingCentral to Cvent, please tick the "Export Attendee Status" checkbox.
We are using the cventapi.CheckIn method, which results in the "Event Participant" field in Cvent (under Invitee Management > Invitees and registrants) to be changed to "Yes". In order to map with the correct event in Cvent, we use the RingCentral TicketID (called "Admission Item" in Cvent) mapping (configuration details below).
The attendee status is automatically updated when a participant joins the event. This currently only works for participants that were imported into RingCentral from Cvent (if a participant enters an event, but they aren't already a Cvent participant their status would not be updated).
8. Click Finish and you're now ready to start using the Cvent integration!
Setting up your events in Cvent
In order to map your Cvent registrations to the right tickets in RingCentral, you will need to follow these steps:
1. In RingCentral, identify the ticket that people will be registered against.
- In your event dashboard, navigate to the Registrations > Tickets tab.
- Copy the ticket URL, paste it anywhere and copy the 'code' part of the URL (the 'xeTWv3xjdXo2yw89L71K7Jprcke' in the image below).
2. In Cvent, go to Event details > Admission Items.
3. Edit the Admission item for your event.
4. Change the Name field to correspond with your RingCentral ticket name.
5. Enter the Ticket integration code in the Code field, then click Save.
6. Any new registration created for that Cvent admission item will automatically be added to RingCentral as a magic link invitee. Please note that the automatic import happens every hour, so new registrations might be delayed by up to an hour. Similarly, it might take up to an hour before your registrations appear in your RingCentral account after enabling the integration.
7. In RingCentral, go to your Event Dashboard > People > Magic Link Invites.
8. Click on Manage invitations. Your registered users will be listed here.