Incorporating Twitter into any segment of your event helps increase engagement on the platform. Your attendees discover your Tweets, fostering discussions within the event segment.
What are the capabilities of the Twitter integration?
The Twitter integration allows you to add any type of feed that's supported by the Twitter API to any side panel in your event - Reception, Stage, Sessions, Expo Booths. Supported feeds include:
- A collection: https://twitter.com/TwitterDev/timelines/539487832448843776
- A tweet: https://twitter.com/RingCentral/status/1249018877373231110
- A profile: https://twitter.com/RingCentral
- A list: https://twitter.com/TwitterDev/lists/national-parks (see further instructions here)
- A Likes Timeline: https://twitter.com/TwitterDev/likes
- A handle: @RingCentral
How do I set up the Twitter integration?
1. To get started, you will need to install the Twitter app to your RingCentral Organization. You can access the app store by going to your Organization Dashboard and heading to the Apps tab. Then click on Discover More on App Store.
You can find Twitter under the Social Media category. Click Install app to add the Twitter app to your Organization.
2. Navigate to the specific area that you'd like to add a Twitter feed to in your Event Dashboard (e.g. Reception, Stage, Session, Expo), scroll down to Integrations, then add the Twitter handle or URL in the Twitter ID field, and Save at the bottom of the page.
3. Use the Preview Event button at the top right of the dashboard to go to your event. Then navigate to the specific event section (Event Dashboard > Venue > Reception/Stage/Session/Expo) to see your Twitter feed. Click on the Twitter tab in the side panel and you'll see your feed.
How do I remove a Twitter feed?
To remove a Twitter feed you can use either option below.
- Delete the Twitter link or handle from the specific area you'd like to remove it from, and hit Save at the bottom of the page (as per Step 2 above)
- Turn the integration off from the Integrations tab (as per step 1 above)