In RingCentral Events, you will be prompted to select your Microphone and Camera device so that people can hear and see you at the event, but if you are unable to select your options, it is probably because you need to give browser permissions for RingCentral Events to access your devices or you need to update your browser version.
First, please be sure that you are using Chrome (preferred) or Firefox (backup) and that it is up to date. If that doesn't work, ensure no other open programs are using your camera and microphone, and give the browser permissions to access your camera and microphone.
Close other programs that may be using your microphone and camera
If you have any other open programs that may be using your microphone or camera e.g. Zoom, Microsoft Teams, etc, close the program.
Fixing sound issues
- Check the volume on your speakers and in your Mac settings
- In your sound settings, make sure the correct output is selected
- Check if your browser page is not muted
- Update your browser and MacOS
Allow camera and microphone in a web browser
- Click on the padlock icon next to the URL
- Set Camera and Microphone to Allow
You can also check to see if RingCentral Events has access to your devices by entering the following link to your Chrome browser URL field:
Under Permissions, locate Camera and Microphone. Hopin should be one of the approved sites.
- Click the video icon in the URL field
- Choose the Camera and Microphone to share
- Hit Allow for changes to take effect
If it doesn't appear that way on your system please click the padlock icon then Connection secure
Click More Information.
Click on the Permissions tab. Here, uncheck "Default settings" and click Allow next to your microphone and camera settings.
Sometimes, third-party extensions can affect the experience by blocking some of the RingCentral Events interface elements. That’s why we also recommend opening the event in Incognito mode (Command+Shift+N) on Chrome or Private tab (Command+Shift+P) on Firefox.
Check your Privacy Settings
Privacy settings on the latest versions of macOS require the following permissions to be enabled in order to get the best Speaker experience on the RingCentral Events platform.
- Camera - follow this Apple User Guide, making sure to select the correct version of macOS from the menu at the top.
- Microphone - follow this Apple User Guide, making sure to select the correct version of macOS from the menu at the top.
- Screen Recording - follow this Apple User Guide, making sure to select the correct version of macOS from the menu at the top