Follow these steps to share your slides in a way that you can see both the event page on Hopin and your slides at the same time. The following directions use Chrome. Other browsers may have some different steps.
Powerpoint for Macs
First, make sure to allow the browser permissions to access Screen Recording. See our guide I can't share my screen on Mac for additional details.
On older operating systems:
- Open the System Preferences
- Navigate to Security & Privacy > Privacy
- Find Screen Recording on the left side and check the box next to the browser you are using
- Open System Settings
- Navigate to Privacy & Security > Screen Recording
- Toggle on permissions for your browser
Once the permissions are granted, your browser will be able to choose any applications for screen sharing.
Open up your Powerpoint presentation and click Set Up Slide Show in the Slide Show menu.
Select Browsed by an individual (window) and hit OK to save.
Start your presentation by clicking Play from Start.
Next, switch to your Hopin Session and click on the Share screen button at the bottom of the screen.
Then, click Application Window and select your Powerpoint.
After you select Powerpoint, and click Share, you're presenting!
You can click the ••• in the top-right corner of the PowerPoint window to make it fullscreen.
Powerpoint for PCs
To start, click Reading View at the bottom left corner of your PowerPoint. It will switch your presentation to a movable box instead of it taking your whole screen.
Next, switch to your Hopin Session and click on the Share screen button at the bottom of your video. Then, click Application Window and select your Powerpoint.
Sharing your Powerpoint (or any other app) with sound on PCs
- Click on the Share screen button at the bottom of your video
- Then, choose Your Entire Screen tab
- Check the Share audio box at the bottom left corner of the popup
- Click Share to start sharing
Whenever you play audio from inside of your Powerpoint the attendees will hear it. Note that this works on PCs/Windows only. For Mac users, please check our guide on Sharing audio from third-party apps.