The Customizable Content Area is a powerful tool that brings experience from content to a whole new level: embedding widgets, videos, hyperlinks, file downloads, or extensive descriptions. Event Organizers can utilize file sharing, organize pdf downloads, embed media content in the content area on the following pages:
- About section on the Classic Registration page
- Welcome section on the Reception page
- Additional information in the event segments: Stage, Sessions, and Expo Booths.
Types of customizations supported
- Multiple heading elements (H1-H3, paragraph)
- Bold, italic, underline, strikethrough formatting
- Adding color to the text
- Turning text to a hyperlink
- Bulleted lists
- Numbered lists
- Inserting images stored on your computer
- Block quotes
- Inserting media as the URL (links will generate a preview for most popular media: GIFs, social media posts, Spotify, Youtube, Google Maps, etc.)
- The Content Area for the Reception and Classic Registration pages, as well as Additional information for Stage, Sessions, and Expo can be adjusted by Organizers any time before or during the event
- Successful Organizers add YouTube links, promo PDFs from any cloud storage, social media links, location on Google Maps, and Spotify playlist links
- Images added as files from your computer can be resized, and left, center, or right-aligned, or you can add alt text
- In case you want to revert the formatting applied, simply use keyboard combinations Ctrl + Z on Windows or command + Z on macOS
List of embeddable services
- Presentations: Google Slides, Prezi, Slideshare.net, Slides.com, Slideserve.com, slide.ly.
- Photo/PDF/Files: Google Drive, Dropbox, Imgur, Wiredrive, Workdrive by Zoho
- Video embeds: Streamable, Youtube, Vimeo, Wistia, Archive.org
- Embed live streams: Twitch, Castr.io, Livestream, Vimeo, LinkedIn Live
- Social feeds: Twitter, Instagram (only posts, videos, and reels, no profiles), Facebook, TikTok
- Calendars and Scheduling: Airtable, Google Calendar, Calendly
- Forms and surveys: 123formbuilder.com, Mentimeter, Google Forms, Microsoft Forms, Cognito Forms
- Fun and Games: BrainyQuote, Kahoot!, Sporcle, Quizlet
- Music and Playlists: Spotify, Soundcloud, Bandcamp, Apple Music, Stitcher, Amazon Music
Customizing Classic Registration page
In the Event Dashboard, navigate to Registrations > Event Landing Page. Make sure the Classic page is selected and click Edit. Fill out the About section in the page settings. Click the Save button for changes to take effect. Once saved, the attendees will see your custom content area on the Registration page. Here is a guide where you can learn more: How to create a registration page using the RingCentral Events Classic style
Customizing Reception area
In the Event Dashboard, navigate to Setup > Venue > Reception. Fill out the Welcome Message section for the Reception page. Click the Save button for changes to take effect. Once saved, the attendees will see your custom Welcome message on the Reception page. Here is a guide where you can learn more: How to customize your Reception page
Customizing Stage, Sessions, and Expo Booths
With Additional information for Stage, Sessions, and Expo Booths, the video area becomes scrollable and also displays multiple types of media content, hyperlinks, and Rich Text about your event segment.
Open the Event Dashboard and navigate to Venue and select a segment (Stage, Sessions, Expo) where Additional information will be displayed. Fill out the Additional Information section. Click the Save button for changes to take effect.
Once Additional information is added, event attendees will see the Show more information button at the center of the segment, in our example we are in an Expo Booth. Clicking the button will open an extra view and display Additional information below the segment.